Title: The Ring
Author: Kidasparrow

Feedback: kidasparrow@hotmail.com
Rating: R (I think... I discussed about that with friends and I guess R is right. Although theodenofrohan thought NC-21 would be right, just in case *grins*)
Pairing: Sparrington.
Summary: James gets surprised the way he isn't very happy about... at the first. After wards he will be very pleased, I am pretty sure about that.
Dedicated: To the man who says he loves monsters. That is why he loves me. To my Husband.
Disclaimer: Just for fun. I love Pirates of the Caribbean and writing about the characters makes me happy. I don't get any money for that. Well, if someone would like to pay me for this, I would take the money but not tell anyone.


The Ring
by Kidasparrow

* * *


It was luxurious, more brilliant than Jack's emerald ring on his right forefinger. Barbaric, James thought and barbaric it was, almost half an inch wide, decorated with pagan symbols carved on its surface and with a big jewel James didn't recognize. He couldn't do anything but stare, the ring, of course, but more than that, the man who was holding it between his fingers, lifting it him to see. Can't be, it's impossible, it's insane.

"A ring?" James asked after them staring each other for a moment, him being unable to speak, Jack smiling with the most attractive way. James knew it was a stupid word to start a discussion with the man he had not seen for almost two months but it was all he was able to get out of his mouth right now. No "hello" or "I have missed you". He was too stunned for that. Jack's smile spread to a mischievous grin and he nodded his head lightly.

"Aye, a ring", he said with a thick, slurred voice. "You are a clever man, my commodore. It is a ring."

James shook his head like wanting to clear it a little bit. He shut his eyes, opened them again but everything stood still the same. Jack sitting behind his desk, only one candle to lighten the shadows of his office, and the light dancing on Jack's tanned face, making his hair look black and his eyes glimmer even more than the ring he was holding when he played with it and rolled it between his fingers. Jack must have sat there for hours, waiting him to come back from the harbour. The scent of liqueur was so clear and Jack's voice so unclear, even more than it normally was, that there was no possibility to make a mistake about what he had been doing while waiting.

"You have been drinking", James said and got a short laugh for an answer.

"I may have been", Jack answered. "I didn't have anything else to do while sitting here and waiting for you."

"I can't understand why on earth you came here", James stepped forward until he was standing right next to his desk, watching down to the man who was sitting on his chair, still playing with the huge ring and smirkling. He was annoyed for Jack's over-daring – God, how he hated Jack doing that: just turn into his office, without minding the dangers at all, not sending him any note that he was around, either. The damn pirate just... suddenly he was there when least expected and James really hated that. He had asked Jack not to do that since there were safer places to meet, but asking Jack Sparrow to do something reasonable was like asking the Sun to wait a little until rising.

And still, more than annoyed, James was happy to see Jack there, no matter if it was foolish or not. He was not going to show it, though. He was too tired and still stunned to let Jack see how lovely a surprise this actually was.

Jack rose, to the feet which were not even that steady as they usually were. Oops, he thought, a few drinks too much. He came around the desk and stopped in front of the taller man, looking up into his eyes, hiding the ring in his palm.

"Can't you?" he asked and smiled, lifted up his left hand and touched James' face, noticing the shadows around those beloved green eyes and feeling unshaved stubble under the tip of his fingers. He shook his head to show he was not happy about what he saw. "Oh, Jamie – being too busy at work again? Naughty, naughty, love.... Life has much more in it than just working, you know."

"Like what?" James asked, trying not to smile back at him although the corners of his mouth seemed to have the will of their own and he had to bite his tongue not to smile. He didn't want to smile because he was supposed to be angry about Jack sneaking into his office and risking his life by doing that. Risking the lives of them both, actually, but finally he couldn't help himself. A small, quick smile flashed over his face since Jack's smile was too attractive to resist.

"What do you think?" Jack dropped the ring from his palm into his pocket and was able to twist his right arm around James' waist. He felt James not responding his touch but getting stiffer. Jack didn't smile at that; even if being a little bit tipsy he understood quite clearly James didn't like to be surprised this way. Jack sighed, let his arms fall down and took a step back and looked at James under his brows, looking like he was asking forgiveness. James sniffed.

"I think", he said, taking off his hat and throwing it to the desk, "that you are pain in the ass, Jack. Yes, I have been busy at work and for that I can thank only you."

"Who? Me?" Jack asked innocently.

"You, dear", James took the bottle in his hand from the table where it stood next to Jack's hat and lifted it up just to see it was empty. "You and your crew have been plundering all around the coast lately, and I can't just sit here and shut my eyes just because it is you", he shook the bottle. "And now you have drank my finest brandy, you scoundrel."

"Oh."

"Oh? Is that all you have to say about this all? Not mention the fact you have sneaked into my office, no matter how many times I have asked you not to do that."

"Okay", Jack tilted his head and the movement caused a silent tinkle. "I'm sorry."

"I bet you are", James said dryly. He put the bottle back to the desk and walked to the cabinet where he had his drinks. He took a new bottle, opened it, poured himself a drink and drank it in the silence. Too much work, he thought, much too much. But who had asked him to fall in love with a pirate anyway?

James turned around, saw Jack still standing there, swaying slightly – no wonder, his brandy was no water but good stuff – and looking at him with the most innocent eyes, like a cute puppy, except a puppy didn't daub its eyes with that odd black paint. James just couldn't hold his smile anymore.

"You are awful", he said to Jack who gave him a soft laugh.

"I'm not", he argued. "And what if I am? You love me the way I am."

James didn't see any reason to object to him.

"I do, indeed", he said.

Jack came to him, again, walking across the floor making hardly a sound at all. That always astonished James; the way Jack was able to move, like a cat, a predator, when he wanted to. Obviously even his brandy was not able to affect that.

"Good", he said, wrapping his arms around James' neck, reaching up a little to be able to kiss him. James... Jamie, his commodore, so faithful to duty, rightful and under all that hardness so full of passion. Steel outside but soft inside, Jack thought while tasting James' breath against his own lips. "Because this is what I am and I'm too old to change."

"Sure you are, Jack", James answered, finally touching him and closing him between his arms. "You are not that old but too stubborn to change."

"That's very possible", Jack said.

"Besides", James continued, smiling amusedly, "you love yourself too much the way you are to even want to change."

"I guess I won't deny that, either", Jack agreed. Yes, he did love himself but right now, being this close to James Norrington, he felt that he loved someone even more than he loved himself. He would never said that, though. At least not the way he felt deep in his heart. No, he was captain Jack Sparrow and for him love was just a word, a joke, and if it wasn't, he sure would have act like it wasn't more than that. Had he ever said to Jamie that he loved him? He wasn't sure. Maybe he had whispered it into James' ear when he had been sure James had fallen asleep, maybe he had yelled it loud while losing his control over his mind and body, lying under James' weight, James doing him things he loved most. Maybe.

"Jack..?" he heard James' whisper, opened his eyes which he had shut while kissing and met James' eyes. Those eyes were full of tenderness and also something else which Jack regarded as amusement.

"Mm? What?"

"It was a fool's thing to come here like that", James said, scolding. "I mean... really, Jack, I don't want you to get caught while sneaking in here. Too bold."

Jack admitted himself that James was right. It was quite a risk to meet him in Port Royal at all but this was a special day and...

"Oh", Jack said, remembering why he had come at the first place. He put his hand into his pocket and took the ring again, raising it for James to see. "It's for you, love. Happy birthday."

"What..?" James asked hesitating but then he remembered that it really was his birthday. He had forgot it in the middle of everything he was busy with. "Oh... indeed."

"Do you like it?" Jack asked, his face glowing like he was a child, ready to please. James looked at the ring but didn't take it.

"Thank you", he said, "very much, but... but I am afraid I can't take it, Jack."

"And why is that?"

James thought hard. He was sure the ring was stolen from somewhere and he didn't want to accept a gift like that but he didn't have a heart to say it. Probably Jack would have felt his feelings being hurt and James already knew that captain Sparrow with hurt feelings was quite a difficult to handle. So he gave Jack another reason, true as well.

"Look at the ring, Jack", he said and Jack laid his eyes to the ring he was holding between his fingers that had some dirt under the nails. "It is... huge. Barbaric. I couldn't use it without all the people paying attention to it and asking questions."

"Oh..." Jack looked at the ring and admitted that James was right. The ring was really too vainglorious for his James. Not quite his style, he thought. "But I don't have any other gift for you."

James was more than ready to forgive him his foolishness. For risking his life because of his birthday was really a stupid thing to do but it was also something sweet... something very Jack. So James gave up his principles and took the ring from Jack's fingers, put it on his right middle finger and gave Jack a long, deep kiss.

"I will wear it when I am alone", he said and got a wide, beaming smile. "And besides, the best gift is you, being here, foolish or not."

Jack didn't answer but leaned on him, kissing his lips and fondling his face, his neck, then letting his hands caress his back, hips and buttocks over his clothes. His hands were hard, their touch something more than just gently and James knew he was soon going to forget being tired and remembering nothing else but this man. Jack. His pirate. James noticed he had difficulties to keep his breathing steady, his body trapped between Jack's body and arms, Jack's lips against his, smelling and tasting his brandy.

"I've missed you", Jack puffed between his kisses, "You have no idea..."

"I have an idea", James tried to clear his voice but failed badly. He felt that they both sounded like they had run. "I do... waiting, wondering where you where, then knowing you were around and pretending I wanted to catch you... Oh god!"

He couldn't help yelping when he felt Jack's erection against his own, Jack swinging his hips against his, slowly, teasingly. He felt his knees getting weaker and he had to lean his back against the cabinet behind him.

"I just remember I do have something else to give to you, love", Jack said, nagging at his lips with his teeth and the vision of Jack biting him with the golden teeth made James feel like there was something indecent and still exiting.

"Jack, no... don't", he tried to prevent Jack from going any further but knew well that he didn't sound very credible. "Not a proper time... proper place."

"For what?" Jack asked whispering, sounding hasty and James felt his hands sliding from his back to front of his body, slipping under his vest, searching for the buttons of his breeches and then starting to open them with fingers which obviously knew what they were doing.

"That..." James swallowed and made a little smothered sound when he felt his shirt sliding out from his breeches and Jack's hand slipping in. He wanted to push Jack away, to tell him that this really wasn't good time for this but instead of doing that he went on and on. Kissing Jack, holding him, feeling his hand in his breeches, not quite touching his hard cock but teasing it by touching his skin and hair all around it. He pushed his hips forward to get more than just that touch and all he got was Jack's soft laugh, low and coming from his throat, like a purring.

"That", Jack said, with voice which told James that this sweet, hot feeling was common for them both, "is something special for you being a year older now."

Jack didn't blame the brandy for this although it may have helped him a little bit to get this idea into his head. In the bottom of his mind he was still aware about the fact someone could come, open the unlocked door and see them there. Not likely – the midnight had passed and people were supposed to be in bed at this hour – but it wasn't impossible, thou. Jack was amused. Didn't he do this right here, right now just because both of them being aware of the risk? Even James, decent and honourable commodore Norrington, who was panting now, grasping his hair like unwilling never let him go, never stopping kiss him to way he was doing.

James had to let go. Let Jack fall down slowly, his lips sliding over the cloth of his uniform, lower and lower until he was on his knees.

Jack slid his fingers under the waist of his breeches, drew them down few inches, then few more until the breeches just slipped over his hips and fell down on his ankles.

"Jack..." James managed to say. "I need to... to sit."

"I bet you do", Jack answered, "sooner or later."

"Sooner, please."

"Hush, my love", Jack said and wrapped his fingers gently around the cock he was looking at, hard and hot and so familiar to him. "Now you have to enjoy this particular gift as it is given to you – here and now. Let me know if you do."

He licked his lips, opened his mouth and without a warning, without his average foreplay with his fingers and soft kisses all over his lover's eager cock, he took it into his mouth as deep as possible. Let me know if you like it this way, Jamie-love.

Like answering the last question which was never said out loud, James almost jumped when he felt himself sinking into Jack's warm and moist mouth, and no matter how hard he tried to keep the tatters of his self-control together, he just lost the fight against the way he felt about this situation, about him being sucked here and now, about Jack doing that. The words came out from his mouth and echoed back from the walls, the floor, the ceiling, slipped under the door to the hall and ran to the street from the window.

"Yes! Hell, yes!"

 

* * *